The EasyLoo DIY Composting Toilet with fan 12V — DIY garden toilet with ventilation
The EasyLoo is the sensible classic in our popular range of sustainably smart source separation toilets.
Wherever you need a DIY composting toilet without the hassle of hoses, you'll fit it in. Hence, being the ideal waterless DIY garden toilet, it maintains the look of a classic toilet at the same time and sports one more practical feat: the 12V fan to stop the DIY garden toilet from smelling.
The EasyLoo DIY Kit comes fully equipped with anything you need to easily assemble it; the small, rectangular wooden body is easy to put together; all you need is a hammer and you’re good to go. True to the motto: Freedom awaits, now build it!
Why it’s special
This DIY composting toilet with fan 12V has all the features of the original EasyLoo model. From our entire eco-friendly toilet range, the EasyLoo design looks „the WC part“ the most. All in all, there is little to no difference to a conventional toilet or toilet seat.
The 12V fan for composting toilets comes with a series of benefits of its own:
- Designed to stop DIY garden toilets from smelling - even the slightest odors
- Long runtimes, low power consumption and minimal noise level
- Power up the ventilation by connecting it to a 12V mains supply
- Maximum flexibility:
- mount it on the left or on the right side of the EasyLoo
- the connection ring of the outer stainless steel flange has a standard dimension of 50 mm (or 2 inches), so you can easily connect it with standard drain pipes
The 12V fan for DIY composting toilets can be easily retrofitted. If you are yet undecided whether you need a dry toilet ventilation or not, you can order the EasyLoo without a fan – already assembled or as a DIY dry toilet kit — and upgrade later if you think you need it.
How easily is the waterless DIY toilet solution with fan 12V assembled? Have a quick look at the video below. For individual steps please consult the assembly instruction.
<div class="responsive-video"><iframe allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/K7_aLxAFxJc" width="560"></iframe></div>
- Creative hobby crafters who want to DIY a garden toilet with ventilation 12V
- Owners of large campers and vans, boats, allotments, tiny houses, or kindergarten/ day care providers
- Families with small children looking to build a waterless DIY toilet solution with fan 12V toilet for their homes
- Dry toilet users who
- can’t stand any unwelcome smell and need odor prevention or to stop the DIY garden toilet from smelling
- can or want to connect the fan to a 12V mains supply
- want to maintain the appearance of a classic toilet
- don’t need their toilet to double as an extra seat (as does the MiniLoo)
- need to build their toilet into the floor
- need the containers to be firmly secured inside the toilet body
To prevent odors from developing out of the solids tank in the first place, use an adequate amount of cover material after using the waterless DIY toilet solution with fan 12V.
Unwanted odors from the urine canister are prevented by closing the urine drainage of the separator with the Spillguard Plug. However, this plug only functions as privacy screen and odor protection - not as leak protection.
Your DIY garden toilet with ventilation 12V will be switching places regularly? Use our Leather Handles to move the EasyLoo comfortably from place to place.
Cleaning and care instructions
In order to protect your dry toilet from moisture, please varnish or oil the wooden parts at the beginning and repeat the treatment every two years. It’s also an opportunity to get creative.
To ensure the longevity of the containers and the insert, never use aggressive cleaners that contain acids or solvents. These can corrode and damage the surfaces, for example that of the polystyrene separator insert.
To keep your solids tank tidy for as long as possible, line it with our Compostable Solids Bag 30 l. (Important: the 10 l bags are too small for use with the EasyLoo!)
Questions & answers
And of course, you are very welcome to send your questions via e-mail to email@example.com.
By the way, we’re always delighted to see pictures of your EasyLoo in your garden, camper, van or tiny house, so please do share them with us!