The EasyLoo with fan 5V — classic composting toilet with ventilation
The EasyLoo is the sensible classic in our popular range of sustainably smart source separation toilets.
Wherever you need a composting toilet without the hassle of hoses, you'll fit it in.
Hence, being the ideal waterless garden toilet, it maintains the look of a classic toilet at the same time and sports one more practical feat: the 5V fan for composting toilets.
Which definitively stops the composting toilet from smelling. But there’s even more to it...
Why it’s special
This composting toilet with ventilation 5V has all the features of the original EasyLoo model. From our entire eco-friendly toilet range, the EasyLoo design looks „the WC part“ the most. All in all, there is little to no difference to a conventional toilet or toilet seat.
The 5V fan for composting toilets comes with a series of benefits of its own:
- Designed to stop composting toilets from smelling - even the slightest odors
- Long runtimes, low power consumption and minimal noise level
- Powered easily using a USB plug, e.g. smartphone charger, mini solar cell – anywhere in the world
- Maximum flexibility:
- mount it on the left or on the right side of the EasyLoo
- the connection ring of the outer stainless steel flange has a standard dimension of 50 mm (or 2 inches), so you can easily connect it with standard drain pipes
The 5V fan for composting toilets can be easily retrofitted.
If you are yet undecided whether you need a composting toilet with ventilation 5V or not, you can order the EasyLoo without a fan – already assembled or as a DIY kit — and upgrade later if you think you need it.
Check out the video below for the simple steps needed to get your EasyLoo up and running:
<div class="responsive-video"><iframe allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/K7_aLxAFxJc" width="560"></iframe></div>
- Owners of large campers or vans, allotments, boats and tiny houses, or kindergarten/ day care providers
- Families with small children looking for a composting toilet with ventilation 5V for their homes
- Dry toilet users who
- can’t stand any unwelcome smell and need odor prevention or stop the composting toilet from smelling
- can’t or won’t connect the fan to a 12V mains supply
- want to maintain the appearance of a classic toilet
- don’t need their toilet to double as an extra seat (as does the MiniLoo)
- need to build their toilet into the floor
- need the containers to be firmly secured inside the toilet body
Keep things eco-savvy by charging your 5V fan for composting toilets with the solar panel.
To prevent odors from developing out of the solids tank in the first place, use an adequate amount of cover material after each use.
Unwanted odors from the urine canister are prevented by closing the urine drainage of the separator with the Spillguard Plug. However, this plug only functions as privacy screen and odor protection - not as leak protection.
Your composting toilet with ventilation 5V will be switching places regularly? Use our Leather Handles to move the EasyLoo comfortably from place to place.
Cleaning and care instructions
In order to protect your dry toilet from moisture, please varnish or oil the wooden parts at the beginning and repeat the treatment every two years. It’s also an opportunity to get creative.
To ensure the longevity of the containers and the insert, never use aggressive cleaners that contain acids or solvents. These can corrode and damage the surfaces, for example that of the polystyrene separator insert.
To keep your solids tank tidy for as long as possible, line it with our Compostable Solids Bag 30 l. (Important: the 10 l bags are too small for use with the EasyLoo!)
Questions & answers
For more helpful advice on how to stop the composting toilet from smelling, check out our blog.
And of course, you are very welcome to send your questions via e-mail to email@example.com.
By the way, we’re always delighted to see pictures of your EasyLoo in your camper, garden or tiny house, so please do share them with us!