The Separator Classic — sifts more than the chaff from the wheat
The basic principle of the dry toilet is in the separation of solids and liquids, at the source. It’s the bowl (also called the insert) that enables for a separate collection and thus is actually the heart of this system.
The separate collection leaves it up to you to decide whether you want to effortlessly dispose of the waste or process/ compost it. Water is out of the equation here, thus contributing to saving this valuable resource.
Why it’s special
Number one or number two — the urine diverter is built to correctly divide. And yes, it works equally well for men and women.
What sets the Kildwick Separator Classic apart from other urine diverters? Well, a lot:
Foolproof installation with your DIY dry toilet:
- Work with it as is, it’s installation ready.
- Robust material with a consistent thickness. Check out the crash test.
- Install it on a panel/ board of your choice from the top or from the bottom.
- The sawing template (included in delivery) allows for precision cutting.
- Can be fastened by screws using a sharp drill and low rotation.
- Can be glued using an adhesive for design floors (available in hardware stores).
- Once installed, works with any standard toilet seat.
- The smooth surface on both sides gives germs no chance.
- Its raised profile prevents spillage/ overflowing.
- Effortless to clean due to its highly smooth surfaces.
- Disposing of the high-quality separator insert made of recyclable polystyrene (at the end of its life cycle) produces no hazardous waste, by contrast to its fiberglass equivalents.
Learn more about the differences between fiberglass and polystyrene on the blog.
If you’re uncertain about which material to choose, it will help.
Get an idea of all the reasons why our classic urine separator is special in this video:
- creative hobby crafters and dry toilet users who
- want to DIY a separation toilet
- need an easy installation with no cutting needed
- want to get really creative with their DIY dry toilet
- mind the urine diverters end of lifecycle and don’t want to produce hazardous waste
- prefer easy-to-clean surfaces
- prefer to not give germs any chance
- Families with small children looking to build an additional toilet for their homes
- Owners of mini campers, vans, boats, allotments, tiny houses, or kindergarten/ day care providers.
You are still not sure whether this is the one and only suitable urine diverter for you? Then check out our product video. It shows an overview of the three different models we offer.
Get your toilet construction ready for use with our Bamboo Toilet Seat.
To prevent odors from developing in the first place, use an adequate amount of cover material after each use.
DIYing a separation toilet completely from scratch is not very you?
Check out our DIY Kits – they offer eco-savvy sanitation solutions for nearly any scenario.
Maybe you prefer a ready-to-use solution altogether? Then take a look at the assembled composting toilets.
Cleaning and care instructions
To ensure the longevity of the insert, never use aggressive cleaners that contain acids or solvents. These can corrode and damage the separator’s surface.
Questions & answers
And of course, you are very welcome to send your questions via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.