The EasyLoo DIY Composting Toilet — a waterless DIY toilet solution
The EasyLoo is the sensible classic in our popular range of sustainably smart source separation toilets.
Wherever you need a DIY composting toilet without the hassle of hoses, you'll fit it in. Hence, being the ideal waterless DIY garden toilet, it maintains the look of a classic toilet at the same time.
The EasyLoo DIY Kit comes fully equipped with anything you need to easily assemble it; the small, rectangular wooden body is easy to put together; all you need is a hammer and you’re good to go. True to the motto: Freedom awaits, now build it!
Why it’s special
From our entire eco-friendly toilet range, the EasyLoo looks „the WC part“ the most. All in all, there is little to no difference to a conventional toilet or toilet seat.
- Inside the body, a spacer system holds the containers made of recyclable plastics in place
- A slim viewing panel on the front side of the urine container (9.5 l) allows for easy liquid level checks
- The waterless DIY toilet solution can be left freestanding or can be embedded into the floor for a particularly secure grip
- the high-quality, recyclable polystyrene separator with a wide border
- has a super-smooth surface where germs don’t stand a chance
- and where cleaning and hygiene are effortless and simple
- The bamboo toilet seat has a velvety-soft surface and offers optimal seating comfort.
- The galvanized stainless steel nails and hinges as well as our branded wood glue made in Germany make the EasyLoo withstand the hardest weather conditions.
How easily is the DIY composting toilet assembled? Have a quick look at the video below. For individual steps please consult the assembly instruction.
<div class="responsive-video"><iframe allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/K7_aLxAFxJc" width="560"></iframe></div>
- Creative hobby crafters who want to DIY a composting toilet
- Owners of large campers and vans, boats, allotments, tiny houses, or kindergarten/ day care providers
- Families with small children looking to build a DIY dry toilet for families, e.g. for their homes
- Dry toilet users who
- want to maintain the appearance of a classic toilet
- don’t need their toilet to double as an extra seat (as does the MiniLoo)
- need to build their toilet into the floor
- need the containers to be firmly secured inside the toilet body
The Stainless Steel Siphon or the Spillguard Kit — fitted between the separator and the urine container of the waterless DIY toilet solution — provides leak and odor protection for bumpy roads.
To prevent odors from developing out of the solids tank in the first place, use an adequate amount of cover material after using the DIY dry toilet for families.
Unwanted odors from the urine canister are prevented by closing the urine drainage of the separator with the Spillguard Plug. However, this plug only functions as privacy screen and odor protection - not as leak protection.
Should your waterless DIY garden toilet smell after all, retrofit the DIY composting toilet with our 5V or 12V fan set. The former may even be charged via a solar panel.
Or purchase the EasyLoo already equipped with a composting toilet ventilation; either assembled with a 5V / 12V fan or as a DIY dry toilet kit with 5V / 12V fan.
Your waterless DIY toilet solution will be switching places regularly? Use our Leather Handles to move the EasyLoo comfortably from place to place.
Cleaning and care instructions
In order to protect your DIY dry toilet for families from moisture, please varnish or oil the wooden parts at the beginning and repeat the treatment every two years. It’s also an opportunity to get creative.
To ensure the longevity of the containers and the insert, never use aggressive cleaners that contain acids or solvents. These can corrode and damage the surfaces, for example that of the polystyrene separator insert.
Instead, we encourage using our Beetroot Cleaner and our Compostable Sponge Cloth. Both are eco-alternatives to conventional cleaning products.
To keep your solids tank tidy for as long as possible, line it with our Compostable Solids Bag 30 l. (Important: the 10 l bags are too small for use with the EasyLoo!)
Questions & answers
Please find all assembly instructions and templates for the waterless DIY garden toilet in our support section. For more helpful advice, check out the frequently asked questions.
And of course, you are very welcome to send your questions via e-mail to email@example.com.
By the way, we’re always delighted to see pictures of your EasyLoo in your garden, camper, van or tiny house, so please do share them with us!