The MiniLoo DIY Kit — keeps a lid on things
Lacking space doesn’t have to equal boring interiors. Hence, check out our small dry toilet MiniLoo: it’s lid design makes it one with the body when closed. With the lid on, the MiniLoo looks very inconspicuous no matter the surroundings. Top it with a comfy pillow and let it serve as an extra seat.
The DIY dry toilet kit comes fully equipped with anything you need to easily build a dry composting toilet. The small, rectangular wooden body is easy to put together; all you need is a hammer and you’re good to go. True to the motto: Freedom awaits, now build it!
Why it’s special
Its nice looks that match any interiors aside, this small dry toilet comes with a slew of practical features. As it’s always the case with our composting toilets, the MiniLoo covers all the bases:
- This fly weight fits into the smallest niches while offering maximum seating comfort – it’s slimmer and shorter than the Porta Potti 254 (standing 3.1 cm taller though).
- Sturdy, high-quality, robust and easy-to-clean containers are made of recycable plastics.
- A slim viewing panel on the front side of the urine container (9.5 l) allows for easy liquid level checks.
- Both containers are inserted and removed vertically, ideal when space is tight.
- The high-quality, recycable polystyrene separator is connected to the body using powerful neodymium magnets (a handle for easy magnet separation is built in). This takes comfort and hygiene to a whole new level.
- Same goes for the magnetically attached toilet seat; it’s sturdy, stable, and, sporting a surface treatment with a special varnish, particularly effortless to keep clean.
Our neodymium magnet attachment of the separator and the seat is a real #revoLOOtion.
The magnets themselves are bolted to the wooden body. The galvanized, stainless metal plates on the bottom of the separator provide the structure with the needed holding force.
(Make sure to check our neodymium magnets safety instructions at the end of the document.)
In addition, the untreated, precision-cut birch plywood of the MiniLoo (just like the EasyLoo and the MicroLoo) can be personalised by varnishing, oiling or painting.
Check out the features in this short video:
- Creative hobby crafters who want to build a dry composting toilet
- Owners of mini campers, vans, boat, allotments, Tiny Houses, or kindergarten/ day care providers
- Families with small children looking to DIY a dry toilet for their homes
- Dry toilet users who love multifunctional furniture
- Dry toilet users who want the toilet to be part of the interior
The Stainless Steel Siphon or the Spillguard Kit — fitted between the separator and the urine container — provides leak and odor protection for bumpy roads.
To prevent odors from developing in the first place, use an adequate amount of cover material after each use.
Should you still notice unpleasant odors, retrofit your composting toilet with our 5V or 12V fan set. The former may even be charged via a solar panel.
Or purchase one of our DIY dry toilet kits already including a fan; MiniLoo DIY Kits with a 5V or a 12V fan.
One way or another: Top your small dry toilet with the matching Seat Cushion – et voila, enjoy a comfy extra seat.
Your small dry toilet will be switching places regularly? Use our Leather Handles to move the MiniLoo comfortably from place to place.
Cleaning and care instructions
In order to protect your MiniLoo from moisture, please varnish or oil the wooden parts at the beginning and repeat the treatment every two years. (It also allows for a lot of creative freedom when custom-painting your MiniLoo.)
To ensure the longevity of the containers and the insert, never use aggressive cleaners that contain acids or solvents. These can corrode and damage the surfaces, for example that of the polystyrene separator insert.
Instead, we encourage using our Beetroot Cleaner and our Compostable Sponge Cloth. Both are eco-alternatives to conventional cleaning products.
To keep your solids tank tidy for as long as possible, line it with our Compostable Solids Bag 30 l. (Important: the 10 l bags are too small for use with the MiniLoo!)
Questions & answers
Please find all assembly instructions and templates to build a dry composting toilet in our support section. For more helpful advice, check out the frequently asked questions.
And of course, you are very welcome to send your questions via e-mail to email@example.com.
By the way, we’re always delighted to see pictures of your customized MiniLoo in your garden, van or tiny house, so please do share them with us!