The MiniLoo with 12V fan — keeps a lid on things
Lacking space doesn’t have to equal boring interiors. Hence, check out our small dry toilet MiniLoo: it’s lid design makes it one with the body when closed.
With the lid on, the MiniLoo looks very inconspicuous no matter the surroundings. Top it with a comfy pillow and let it serve as an extra seat.
And this model in particular has one more nifty feature: the 12V fan for dry toilets.
Why it’s special
Its nice looks that match any interiors aside, the small dry with 12V Fan comes with a slew of practical features. As it’s always the case with our composting toilets, the MiniLoo covers all the bases (check out the features of the MiniLoo design here).
The 12V fan for dry toilets comes with a series of benefits of its own:
- Designed to stop dry toilet from smelling - even the slightest odors
- Power up the ventilation by connecting it to a 12V mains supply
- Long runtimes, low power consumption and minimal noise level
- The stainless steel switch with LED illumination doubles as the fan’s power indicator (the fan is so quiet it’s hard to tell when it’s on)
- Maximum flexibility:
- mount it on the left or on the right side of the small dry toilet
- the connection ring of the outer stainless steel flange has a standard dimension of 50 mm (or 2 inches), so you can easily connect it with standard drain pipes
This fan for dry toilets can be easily retrofitted. If you are yet undecided whether you need a fan or not, you can order the MiniLoo without a fan – already assembled or as a DIY dry toilet kit — and upgrade later if odors occur and you need to stop the dry toilet from smelling.
Check out the features in this short video:
- Owners of mini campers, vans, boat, allotments, tiny houses, or kindergarten/ day care providers
- Families with small children looking for a small dry toilet for their homes
- Dry toilet users who
- can’t stand any unwelcome smell and need odor prevention or stop the dry toilet from smelling
- can or want to connect the fan to a 12V mains supply
- want their composting toilet to double as an extra seat
- would like their toilet to blend seamlessly with the interior
The Stainless Steel Siphon or the Spillguard Kit — fitted between the separator and the urine container — provides leak and odor protection for bumpy roads.
To prevent odors from developing in the first place, use an adequate amount of cover material after each use.
Top your closed tiny house toilet with the matching Seat Cushion – et voila, enjoy a comfy extra seat.
Your composting toilet will be switching places regularly? Use our Leather Handles to move the MiniLoo comfortably from place to place.
Cleaning and care instructions
In order to protect your small dry toilet from moisture, please varnish or oil the wooden parts at the beginning and repeat the treatment every two years. (It also allows for a lot of creative freedom when custom-painting your MiniLoo – check out our blog for inspiration.)
To ensure the longevity of the containers and the insert, never use aggressive cleaners that contain acids or solvents. These can corrode and damage the surfaces, for example that of the polystyrene separator insert.
Instead, we encourage using our Beetroot Cleaner and our Compostable Sponge Cloth. Both are eco-alternatives to conventional cleaning products.
To keep your solids tank tidy for as long as possible, line it with our Compostable Solids Bag 30 l. (Important: the 10 l bags are too small for use with the MiniLoo!)
Questions & answers
For helpful advice, check out the frequently asked questions.
And of course, you are very welcome to send your questions via e-mail to email@example.com.
By the way, we’re always delighted to see pictures of your customized MiniLoo in your garden, van or tiny house, so please do share them with us!