Whilst no separator can guarantee 100% urine collection, this unit has been designed and tested for both males & females to maximise efficiency. In particular, the design has the following features:
- Now with anti-bacterial gel-coat and resins to ensure durability and hygiene in use. The additive is silver-based and lab-tested in actual samples of the materials we use against e-coli and MRSA
- effective separation for men, women and children.
- Unlike conventional plastics, our gelcoat surface is extra hard, shiny and durable and won’t stain as those products often do.
- Durable structure and shiny wipe-clean anti-bacterial surface
- Rear lip to reduce chances of urine flowing back into the bucket, onto the floor or down the underside of the separator.
- Top-fitting & designed to fit neatly under standard toilet seat
- Internal and external spout dimensions offering several plumbing options
- Special recess for standard 60mm strainer (supplied) to enable use of waterless urinal blocks (some supplied) and to prevent cover material from accidentally blocking the plumbing
- Provided with comprehensive fitting and use instructions.
Why Urine Separation?
Key to ease of use, management and smell reduction/elimination is the use of our best-in-class urine diverter which, as in the name, directs the urine stream towards either a bottle or external soak-away or tank. When diluted, urine is a great natural fertiliser so if you are an off-gridder or keen gardener then this is a valuable resource.
Flexible Spout Design
Our diverter is unique in that the spout was designed, from the outset, to allow a wide range of plumbing options from bottles to plastic & copper pipes, flexible hose andÂ other receptacles. To achieve this the spout is tapered both inside and out so all you do is trim it to reach the right cross section. As shipped, the spout is set to most common fittings:
- Plastic Compression
- Plastic Push-Fit
- 32mm (1 1/4″) Internal Diameter Reinforced (Corrugated) Flexible Pipe – secured with Jubilee Clip
- Copper or Plastic Pipe orÂ couplers
- Push Fittings
- From the 28mm copper or plastic pipe you can reduce down to 22mm piping but I wouldn’t suggest going any thinner (such as 15mm) as the flow may be too restricted.
- Direct to bottle (draft!) with bottle openings from 30mm upwards!
- You can even use a pipe into a sump pump to take the urine to a remote/large container or soak-away.