The Miscanthus Eco Litter — composting toilet cover material
The fully compostable, thus eco-friendly litter for dry toilets is made from elephant grass or giant miscanthus. It is known for its moisture-absorbing qualities which - used in the solids tank of your composting toilet - helps bind odors.
Originating from Asia, the plant is becoming increasingly popular in Germany. As a result, the Miscanthus Eco Litter we offer is a regionally sourced product.
Miscanthus is our preferred composting toilet cover material because it comes with a slew of benefits.
Why it's special
The Miscanthus Eco Litter - one of the ‘must-haves’ of dry toilet equipment - comes with quite a handful of unique features:
- It’s a rapidly growing, climate-friendly and organic material,
- without plant protection agent residues,
- highly absorbent and odor-binding,
- 100% compostable,
- pH-neutral and suitable for allergy sufferers,
- comes to you in a sieved, dust-free from, free from mold spores and creates less dirt or dust than comparable cover materials,
- It's sourced locally and produced in Germany in an ecological, sustainable manner, thus having a relatively low CO2 footprint as a result.
Want to know more? Sure thing! Deepen your knowledge about composting toilet cover materials in our blog post.
Separation toilet users who
- search for sustainable litter for their dry toilet, or rather their solid waste container inside it
- deploy the principle of the composting toilet and, well, compost their waste
- are sensitive and/ or allergic to other types litter, e.g. very dusty cover materials
Although this composting toilet cover material is strongly drying and odor-binding, some smells are more persistent than others.
However, don’t let this discourage you from using a dry toilet!
For help is near: discover our 5V Fan Set or the 12V Fan Set among our dry toilet equipment. Depending on your preferred power supply (mains supply or USB plug), both have individual benefits to offer.
Eco-savvy: Get an independent source of power supply for your outdoor adventures with the Solar Panel.
For leak and odor protection even without any fan, our Stainless Steel Siphon or the Spillguard Kit are useful dry toilet equipment.
Cleaning and care instructions
For cleaning your composting toilet, we recommend using our Beetroot Cleaner and our Compostable Sponge Cloth. Both are eco alternatives to conventional cleaning products.
Questions & answers
You have questions concerning our Miscanthus Eco Litter for dry toilets?
For tips and further advice, check out our support section or the FAQ.
And of course, you are very welcome to send your questions via e-mail to email@example.com.