HappyLoo — foldable, portable, lightweight and fun
Meet our HappyLoo, your portable composting camping toilet for the road.
Whether camping, hiking, fishing or as a last resort for families with small children.
Conveniently flat when folded, this chemical-free portable toilet is up in a snap.
And sturdy enough for longer sessions...
Why it’s special
By contrast to our regular source separation toilets equipped with separator bowls, our one and only portable dry toilet HappyLoo is designed to collect liquids and solids in one unit.
The portable toilet for camping therefore comes with some special features:
- In order to avoid unwelcome odors, this portable composting camping toilet comes with two types of litter:
- The super absorbent straw pellets to bind urine: 1 liter of straw pellets can bind 4 to 5 liters of liquid.
- The Miscanthus bedding prevents unpleasant smells from the solids by effectively draining them.
- The sustainable cardboard base can be set up and folded flat up to 10 times in an instant, no matter when or where!
- The use does not require any chemicals or water at all.
- 100% recyclable: after use, all components can be disposed of in the paper garbage can and/or composted in an eco-friendly way – even the compostable solid waste bag with all its contents.
- Alternative dispisal: If it is permitted to do so, the discarded cardboard base can double as a fire starter for a campfire.
This portable dry toilet provides more than comfort, it adds independence and flexibility to your outdoor adventures. And there are even more reasons to try a HappyLoo.
Our product video showcases all the special features of the chemical-free portable toilet in a concise and easy way:
- outdoor enthusiasts of all kinds, from anglers to campers to hikers
- as a last resort for families with small children
- longer freeway trips, as an alternative to the smelly and hygienically questionable roadhouse toilets
Although we offer our compostable solids bags and the Miscanthus bedding individually as well, we recommend the dedicated HappyLoo Refill Set once you’ve used up the products included with your portable toilet for camping.
Cleaning and care instructions
Due to its nature, i.e. its cardboard design, the usual source separation toilets cleaning and care instructions do not apply to the HappyLoo.
However, that brings up another piece of advice to keep in mind:
You should absolutely protect the HappyLoo from any moisture or humidity. Otherwise, the stability and consequently the maximum service life of the portable toilet can be compromised.
Protection is also needed for moisture coming from the ground, for example, moisture caused by morning dew.
Q & A
Uncertain on how to build and run your new HappyLoo?
And of course, you are very welcome to send your questions via e-mail to email@example.com.
By the way, we’d be delighted to see pictures of your portable composting camping toilet in your van, on your trip or wherever you may take it, so please send them, too!